Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Weld Flowers and Lac

What do you get when you mix Lac and Weld? More pink! I remember the birthday party for my 5th or 6th birthday, my mother decided on a pink and orange theme. Have I mentioned enough times that I really don't like pink? I feel like I am back at that birthday party with all the pink and orange I have been dying lately. Dana left a comment on one of the recent posts that Fustic and Lac make wonderful pinks. She usually dyes on cotton. I couldn't resist finding out for myself how it goes on wool so I made the next dyepot with Fustic and Lac. The skeins are drying so the results should be posted soon.
On the home front, we finished the second and final coat of paint on our two story house today. I need a good soak in the bathtub to recover! I am starting to think about how I will tackle the indigo dyeing and keeping track of the vast amounts of colored skeins I will be dipping. I have a plan......
-Colorfully yours, -Renee

No comments: