Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer fun

First things first, this is the Lac and Fustic color mix. The right skein used a light DOS* for Lac and dark DOS for Fustic. I have found that Fustic is a rather greedy dye and seems to strike before some of the other dyes. There wasn't enough Lac in the light DOS to compete with the strong Fustic so the color kind of got elbowed out. The middle and left skein have a medium and dark DOS of Lac respectively.
We have been taking advantage of cool but dry summer days to get the house painting done and other dry season chores before the wet settles back in. The dyeing has slowed way down and we are about to leave for another short trip. I didn't want to have skeins sitting in a mordant bath while we are away so I have just been skeining and washing yarn so I can go for the final push when we return. I am on the last 5 cones of yarn. The light is starting to shine at the end of the tunnel. Still a ways to go though and Indigo yet to come. It may be a week or so until the next post. I will be gathering inspiration on our trip.
Enjoy the summer! -Renee
*see glossary

No comments: