Thursday, June 28, 2007

Quecitron

As you can see, Quecitron is another yellow dye. It is somewhere between Weld and Fustic in color. It has green undertones but not quite as much as Weld and it also is a warmer yellow but not as gold as Fustic. The iron modifier made wonderful yellow greens. I rather like this yellow and am looking forward to seeing what it looks like when dipped in Indigo as well as with some of the color mixes. I immersed the yarns right into the dyestuff as I did with Madder root. The problem with this method is that it takes forever to get the dyestuff out of the yarn. I did try putting the Madder root into a cheesecloth bag but I didn't think the skeins dyed as nicely as they did when immersed right into the dye mixture, roots and all, so I didn't use a cheesecloth bag for the Quecitron.
Errands and a wedding to attend tomorrow have put a temporary halt to the dyeing for today and tomorrow. The yarns are mordanted and ready to go but I will have to see if I can sneak a session or two in between activities.
I will get back to asking a question or two at the end of the posts soon! -Renee

No comments: