Sunday, January 27, 2008

January Weaving

For January being a month when some of the guilds I belong to take a break, it was sure busy guild-wise! Above is a picture of the corner of the Skagit Valley Weavers Guild booth. It looks pretty busy in the picture but didn't look too bad in person. We didn't really sell much of anything but had weaving and spinning demos going the whole weekend. We had a lot of interested people stop by and say hi. Almost all of our brochures and business cards were gone by the end of the weekend. Vivian and I had fun chatting with other vendors and spending our "profits" on new treasures. One thing I was able to do was to get the name and e-mail addresses for two local fiber animal sellers. They are small producers compared to several others in the area. I realize I need to get information on the larger producers and sellers in the area as well but it is a start. I am going to create a list on the blog with the info for folks to find.
The day after the Quilting and Textile show finished I hosted the Skagit Valley spinners at my house. A bit of a crunch doing the weekend and getting ready for the spinning group but we did it. My husband took pictures with his camera as I was busy having fun. If any turned out I will post a few in the next blog post. We studied a technique of making rolags from drum-carded batts. More on that later. I will get the list of local fiber suppliers started and will be posting more soon. Stay warm, and weave! -Renee

No comments: