Sunday, January 15, 2012

She's Warped and Ready to Thread!

Well, with a little nudge from Cindie I decided what to put on Phoenix for my welcome-back-to weaving warp. If you recall from the previous post that giant cone of cotton that gave me a bit of a pause when I unpacked it. I was trying to figure out the best project to use it up. Cindie mentioned placemats and runners. Hello! Of course! Well, it has been a while. So, I got out my Best of Weaver's: Guide to Huck Lace, love to weave huck lace, and started browsing. In the past I have also enjoyed making my own drafts and experimenting but at this place and time in my life I decided to use ready-made drafts to start with. I put on 10 yards of the cotton (sadly, there was no noticeable difference in the amount on the cone afterwards) so that I can start out with several samples. Yes, I use the "s" word quite frequently so you have been warned!. From there I will decide which pattern I want to use for placemats and runners. I WILL use up that cone. I am going to leave the yarn natural for now. I will be able to thread during breaks from my painting, which is how I plan to weave too.
So thank you Cindie! Click on her name to go to her blog. She is getting an even more serious loom than mine up and running at the moment which always make for interesting reading.
Until next week.
-Renee

1 comment:

Cindie said...

Happy to be of help....I'm a good enabler too if you're on the fence about buying something!