Thursday, April 16, 2015

Phoenix

Phoenix rises again!
Well, she is back. After many attempts to sell her, threats to make her into furniture, contemplation of cutting her down to size, Phoenix has risen again! I do believe this is the third time I have rebuilt her. This time was a bit more challenging as I had disassembled this loom into the smallest pieces it would go.

She is currently standing empty due to me having a sprained foot but the first warp is all planned out. I have completely cleaned my studio and have gone through every nook and cranny. After the bit of moving around a few times, there are still a few things that need to find new homes. I will be posting yarn and fiber at bargain prices soon so please do keep an eye out for future posts!

Weaving time will be interwoven with painting time. Looking forward to it as I have missed it.

-Renee

4 comments:

Cindie said...

I'm so glad you're bringing weaving back into you life!

Theresa said...

Me too, you never did actually cut her down did you?

Anonymous said...

Me too !

R. Delight said...

Thanks everyone! I can't wait. I will be putting a simple linen facial towel on for the first warp. My foot is healing fine so hopefully by the first of the month.
Theresa, I did not cut her down. I was sorely tempted but in the end, I couldn't do it. As I get back into weaving I will reconsider it though! 60" is big!