Sunday, July 11, 2010

Moving Sale

I had a moving sale here this weekend! I am pleased to say that most of the stuff I put out is sold. I would like to thank those weavers and fiber people who came out and bought! Thanks to Cindie K. as well for spreading the news for me. If you haven't read her blog yet check it out here or go to my fiber links column.
To all my fiber friends up north, I am pleased to say that my yarn stash has finally been reduced to two bins of yarn and one bin of spinning fiber. I think I am good there.
I also made enough money from the sale to give a nice chunk to my young (25 years old) cousin who is fighting an aggressive form of breast cancer. The rest will go to buying the tools I need to study on my own next year.
I do still have a few things for sale. I am down to one alpaca scarf. I still have the AVL loom for sale. I also have the yarns I listed in last post. I will have just a few more things to post for sale over the next couple of weeks but that is basically it!
I know I haven't done any weaving, and very little spinning over the past year. It has been a crazy year. Once we get settled on the coast, I plan to get back to weaving. I want to focus on linen, cotton, bamboo, and other such fibers. It shall be a lot of fun.
I don't really have an appropriate picture to post here so I will leave you with this, the main street of our future hometown. You can see straight down to the sea.
Renee

No comments: