Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Balls, Buttons, and Bounty

I couldn't resist posting the juggling balls my husband crocheted for me. I have taken up learning to juggle for my own amusement. It also enhances creativity believe it or not. It is nice to take a juggling break now and then.
There is a little town down the coast from where we are staying called Manzanita. It is not quite as tourist clogged as Cannon Beach. There is a lovely cafe where we like to sip hemp milk mochas. They sell all kinds of interesting bumperstickers, magazines, and of course, buttons. I couldn't resist these two.


We have a wonderful farmer's market that meets just a short five minute walk from our RV. I have been enjoying the local bounty. I picked up all this yummy stuff this afternoon and am off to cook us up some dinner.
We have been enjoying long walks on the beach and poking around. Not much time for weaving these summer days but I hope to get another project on my loom before I start school...

4 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

Sounds like a great late summer!!

I got stuck on the part of the post where you said your husband crochets. There is no way I could entice my husband to play with string in any way - unless maybe there was a sailboat involved - and then it would be rope.

Good luck with school!!! So excited for you!

Sue

R. Delight said...

Believe it or not my husband came to me that way. He had been crocheted (without patterns) before I met him. He is quite handy and has made us furniture, fixed our cars, and cheerfully makes me what weaving tools he can.
Didn't the Viking sailors knit? Do you think your husband would buy into that one and pick up some yarn? :)
Thanks for the well wishes.
-Renee

R. Delight said...

Um... that would be crocheting not crocheted! -Renee

Sunrise Lodge Fiber Studio said...

Juggling?! How fun!!! And....you say your husband made them?! Oh boy!!! Now THAT'S awesome!!!!